Rejoice, fans of German football! When Bayern Munich meet Freiburg on Friday night, the Bundesliga’s lengthy winter break will conclude. Thanks to some funky scheduling by the DFB, the Hinrunde will not, as this weekend’s fixtures still count as Matchday 17. We’ve covered the fall season in excruciating detail on the site, so to save some time and space, we’ll turn to a podcast format. However, this one is far from recycled content: there’s even a new gimmick. It’s called the Bundesliga’s five tiers, which will serve as both a chance to talk about some of the under the radar teams like Augsburg, Darmstadt or Frankfurt and a prediction for what the Rückrunde holds. Questions and answers range from
- What is Darmstadt’s team value and what are their relegation chances?
- Who will join them in the Zweite Liga next year (spoiler, it’s a Traditionsverein!!)
- Which of these four teams will turn their season around in the spring: HSV, Gladbach, Werder or Wolfsburg?
- Who is in the Bundesliga’s middle class, and what are their chances of moving up in the world?
- Will Christian Streich overtake Peter Stöger as the sentimental underdog managerial favorite?
- Can Bayer Leverkusen climb into the Europa League spots?
- Who are the challengers to Bayern’s throne?
- Who are the pretenders?
All that and more in a podcast that goes about an hour. What are you waiting for? Listen, stream, download and if you liked what you heard, spread the word!